- Natural language processing
- Medical and health informatics
- Machine translation
- Artificial intelligence for music
- Machine learning
Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Department of Human Language Technology at MITRE
Principal investigator for TranScript, an internal R&D group focused on improving safety in pharmaceutical prescriptions through clinical decision support.
investigator for DICE (Domains of Interest Corpus Extraction), an
internal R&D group focused on machine translation for challenging
and under-resourced domains and languages.
Technical contributor to several other groups working on challenges in medical informatics and machine translation.
Lecturer in Langage and Linguistics
Faculty of Computer Science at Brandeis University
- CoSi139a, Spring 2014: Statistical Machine Translation
- CoSi216a, Spring 2012: Statistical Machine Translation
- John Burger, Emily Doughty, Ritu Khare, Chih-Hsuan Wei,
Rajashree Mishra, John Aberdeen, David Tresner-Kirsch, Ben Wellner,
Maricel Kann, Zhiyong Lu, and Lynette Hirschman. Hybrid curation of gene-mutation relations combining automated extraction and crowdsourcing. Database (Oxford) 2014 Sep 22;2014.
- John Vogel and David Tresner-Kirsch. Robust Language Identification in Short, Noisy Texts: Improvements to LIGA. Third International Workshop on Mining Ubiquitous and Social Environments (MUSE 2012).
Burger, Emily Doughty, Sam Bayer, David Tresner-Kirsch, Ben Wellner,
John Aberdeen, Kyungjoon Lee, Maricel Kann, and Lynette Hirschman. Crowdsourcing for Validating Candidate Gene-Mutation Relations in MEDLINE Abstracts. Data Integration in the Life Sciences (DILS 2012).
- Cheryl Clark, John Aberdeen, Matt Coarr, David Tresner-Kirsch, Ben Wellner, Alex Yeh, and Lynette Hirschman. MITRE system for clinical assertion status classification. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA) 18(5): 563-567 (2011).
- Cheryl Clark, John Aberdeen, Matt Coarr, David Tresner-Kirsch, Ben Wellner, Alex Yeh, and Lynette Hirschman. Determining Assertion Status for Medical Problems in Clinical Records. Fourth i2b2/VA Shared-Task and Workshop on Challenges in Natural Language Processing for Clinical Data (2010).
- David Tresner-Kirsch. Cooking the Books: the semantic structure of recipes. Master's thesis, Brandeis University, 2010.
- David Tresner-Kirsch. HMM: A Ruby library for Hidden Markov Model classification.
- David W. Kirsch. Unsupervised Continuous Adaptation for Accented Speech Recognition. Grant report, Center for Language and Speech Processing, Johns Hopkins University, 2006.
- Richard Sproat, Thomas (Fang) Zheng, Liang Gu, Jing Li, Yanli Zheng,
Yi Su, Haolang Zhou, Philip Bramsen, David Kirsch, Izhak Shafran,
Stavros Tsakalidis, Rebecca Starr, and Dan Jurafsky. Dialectal Chinese Speech Recognition. 2004 Workshop on Language Engineering, Center for Language and Speech Processing at Johns Hopkins University.